Zig Ziglar famously said that “You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” If you take a quick look at the world’s richest men, you’ll notice that a good portion of their income comes from helping others get what they want. Bill Gates is renowned for creating Microsoft and putting the computer in the hands of the average person, and a good look at the evolution of technology today shows that computers are a part of our everyday lives.
If you want to be rich, you need to identify the secret to success in business; find what people want, and deliver it to them in a way that you’ll be profitable.
The big question is, what business ideas are guaranteed to yield a positive ROI within a short period of time? Here are some ideas:
1. Start a Consultancy Business: One of the quickest, and easiest, business idea you can start to start making money almost instantly is a consultancy business. A consultancy is a business/agency offering professional advice in an industry.
If you have knowledge about an industry, that you’re sure can quickly yield a positive ROI for others, perhaps it’s time to start a consultancy. Your knowledge does not necessarily have to help your clients make money; it can make them fit, happy, healthier or more secure.
A good example of someone who started a consultancy business and quickly made it big is Ross Simmonds; he earned $160k the first year of starting his consultancy, and he went on to earn $250k the second year.
2. Become a Freelancer: Research shows that 34% of the entire American workforce, or approximately 53 million people, are currently freelancers and that 50% of the American workforce will be freelancers by 2020.
Freelancing is increasingly becoming alluring, and we’re constantly reading success stories from people making six, seven figures, or more, solely from freelancing.
If you have a unique skill you can offer to others; this skill could be writing, designing, technical or even oratory skills, perhaps it’s high time to consider the freelancing business idea.
3. Start a Website: Can you guess how many websites there are in the world? ONE BILLION. That’s the total number of websites in the world as at September 2014, and the number of websites will only keep increasing.
Research shows that the internet was responsible for a whopping $359 billion in ecommerce revenue in 2014, and it is estimated that this number will only keep increasing.
A good business idea is to start your own website; your website could be a blog, or a simple page focused on promoting your products or business, but the fact that websites are playing increasingly important roles in generating business revenue can no longer be ignored.
4. Start an Agriculture Business: One of the most lucrative business ideas is agriculture, and this is because the world’s population keeps increasingly rapidly but we can’t do without food. As long as the number of people being born continues to exceed the number of people dying, demand for food will keep increasing.
Perhaps, like Bamidele, you can start a catfish farming business, or maybe you want to focus on poultry or something else, but going into agriculture can be one of the most profitable things you will do.
5. Start a Fashion Business: A quick look at the Forbes billionaire list quickly shows that a disproportionate amount of the billionaires featured on the list are in the fashion business, and this makes a case for the power of the fashion industry.
One of our most basic needs is to be clothed, so it makes sense that a fashion business will be profitable. In fact, beyond that, we want to appear cool and trendy, and the fashion industry will only keep thriving as the economy of the world keeps growing.
6. Start a Subscription Service: You’re probably familiar with Netflix. Recent research shows that Netflix has a total of 69.17 million subscribers in the third quarter of 2015. When you consider that their most basic plan costs $7.99/month, it doesn’t take long to see how much they’re earning when you do the maths.
Of course, the success of Netflix seems totally out of reach to most business beginners but a much recent and very successful example is Dollars Shave Club. By paying subscription fees of $1 – $9 per month, Dollars Shave Club will send you new shaving blades every month.
What’s most impressive about the success of Netflix or Dollars Shave Club isn’t the products they offer, but how they’ve been able to get people to pay them every single month; if you can start a subscription business that gets people to pay you month after month, success isn’t out of your reach.
7. The App Business Model: Mobile is hot now, and rightly so. Research shows that approximately 1.91 billion people currently own a smartphone worldwide, and this presents you a massive opportunity to earn money by creating and selling your own apps.
There are different ways to make money by developing apps; you can make money by selling your apps, or you can focus on getting it across to people for free, to enable wide adoption, and making money by displaying ads in your apps.
The above are very effective business ideas guaranteed to make you money and you’ll start making money within days of starting some of them. What other business ideas do you have? Kindly share below.